Location: Ridgeland, MS
Position Summary: The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for planning and implementing the quality assurance procedures for daily, milestone and release candidate testing of the Bomgar product line of screen-sharing and remote control technologies. QA Analyst must display individual motivation and the ability to respond with innovation to new technological problems and new product possibilities. As a member of the QA team, will be responsible for the quality of software released to the company‚ s sales and marketing departments. QA Analyst will also work with technical support team to help resolve product support issues.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Resolve testing problems by modifying testing methods during tests; conferring with management to revise test objectives and standards.
- Report test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, and displaying data; recommend software changes.
- Determine test objectives and standards by studying software requirements, writing test cycle plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Maintain testing database by developing defect tracking and regression testing information requirements; designing information system; enter test outcomes; secure data.
- Meet test objectives by determining testing methods, cycles, phases, and conditions; set up testing environment and equipment.
- Identify software capability and reliability by conducting functional, system, and performance tests.
Education / Experience Requirements
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with automated testing, developing standards, reporting research results, software debugging and software testing, and Software Quality Assurance Process.
- Knowledge of C++, PHP, and other programming languages a plus
- Linux and Unix experience a plus
- Strong experience with Windows OS, including configuration and troubleshooting.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Self-starter; requires little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Professional demeanor
- Support and adhere to Company‚ s Core Values. (http://www.bomgar.com/values.htm)